Let NEONI Help You Explore Ohio Healthcare Jobs
It may be a surprise to learn that healthcare is a thriving market in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio. Consider the facts below that demonstrate the trend of the increasing availability of Northeast Ohio healthcare jobs:
- Northeast Ohio boasts the fifth largest concentration of medical facilities in the U.S.
- Northeast Ohio has established an international reputation for medical research and innovations that are attracting new companies.
- In Ohio, 18 of the 30 fastest growing occupations are in healthcare. According to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, there will be an estimated 22,176 annual openings for Ohio healthcare jobs through 2018.
- According to the Ohio Hospital Association, significant vacancy rates are reported throughout Ohio in allied health occupations, including respiratory therapy (15.1% vacancy), pharmacy (10.6% vacancy), medical technology (12.2% vacancy) and radiology technology (9.8% vacancy).
- There are over 30 colleges and universities that house more than 20 academic programs in medical education in Ohio.
Locally, The Center for Health Affairs healthcare workforce initiative, NEONI, is a collaboration of more than 200 professional nurses representing 74 organizations in 12 Northeast Ohio counties who work together to strengthen and grow Northeast Ohio healthcare jobs. They do this by:
- Attracting individuals to healthcare professions
- Facilitating education
- Increasing public understanding of the healthcare workforce shortages across the region
This site provides an introduction to available Northeast Ohio healthcare jobs, including allied health careers and nursing jobs in Northeast Ohio. It also acts as a portal for NEONI's High School Healthcare Shadowing Program.